The Smart Solenoid Irrigation Controller enables you to transform any irrigation solenoid into a smart irrigation controller. The critical component of the SSIC is a rare earth disc magnet 1 inch diameter and ½ inch thick.
- Completely automatic
- No electricity is needed (no batteries, no solar panels, no computers, and no electronics)
- You can adjust the water usage by adjusting the control dripper
- You can adjust the irrigation frequency by changing the evaporator (not provided)
- The irrigation frequency and the water usage are directly proportional to the net evaporation rate (that is, evaporation minus rainfall
- Responds appropriately when there is an unexpected heat wave
- When it rains, water enters the evaporator and delays the start of the next irrigation
- Water usage is independent of the water supply pressure
- Uses much less water without affecting the yield
- It is incredibly simple and low tech and so there are fewer things to go wrong
- Provided you have a continuous water supply, you can leave your irrigation application unattended for weeks on end
- Can be used for any irrigation application that uses a solenoid valve.
Smart Solenoid Irrigation Controller SSIC
Contact Measured Irrigation to negotiate freight arrangements