I recommend that you watch the measured Irrigation video: DIY Universal Measured Irrigation Controller Kit
It is assumed that the irrigation system (either pressurised or gravity feed) for your garden or small plot of land has already been established.
The DIY Universal Measured Irrigation Controller Kit is easy to assemble to become a weather-based irrigation controller. It is easy to adjust the water usage and the irrigation frequency.
The DIY Universal MI Controller Kit can be used for gravity feed or pressurised irrigation, for drip or sprinkler irrigation, for pressure compensating drippers (PC) or non pressure compensating drippers (NPC).
The water usage for the DIY Universal MI Controller Kit is directly proportional to the net evaporation rate experience by you plants. This is a unique feature of measured irrigation. An adjustable control dripper allows you to adjust the water usage. The irrigation frequency can be adjusted by changing the float ring or adjusting a control screw. A switch on the irrigation control box allows you to restrict the irrigation to night time only.
The kit does not include an evaporator. The components in the kit are as follows:
- Valve assembly with inlet pipe
- Cylindrical float
- 6 float rings
- Outlet pipe (15mm BSP)
- 2 round plastic nuts (15mm BSP)
- Inlet assembly with 4mm valve
- Float switch assembly with 4mm valve
- Flexible overflow tube
- Adjustable control dripper
- Irrigation control box with light sensor
- Completely automatic
- Can be used for any size plot
- Smart irrigation controller – the irrigation is controlled by the prevailing weather conditions rather than a program
- Use for gravity feed or pressurised irrigation
- Use for sprinkler or drip irrigation
- Use for pressure compensating drippers or non pressure compensating drippers
- You can adjust the water usage by adjusting the control dripper
- You can adjust the irrigation frequency by changing the float ring or adjusting the control screw
- The water usage is directly proportional to the net evaporation rate (this is a unique feature of measured irrigation)
- Responds appropriately to an unexpected heat wave
- When it rains, water enters the evaporator and delays the start of the next irrigation
- The water usage is independent of the water supply pressure (this is a unique feature of measured irrigation)
- Uses much less water without affecting the yield
- Simple and low tech and so easy to assemble and fewer things to go wrong
- You can leave your irrigation application unattended for weeks on end