DIY Wicking Bed Controller
The Wicking Bed Controller automatically maintains the water level in your wicking bed between a low level and the overflow level. The gap between the low level and the overflow level is 28mm. You can leave your wicking bed unattended for months on end.
The water supply for the Wicking Bed Controller can come from a mains pressure tap or directly from a rainwater tank.
The controller includes everything that you need except for a bucket. The components are:
· Cylindrical float
· Valve assembly with inlet pipe
· Outlet pipe
· Drain pipe
If you have more than one wicking bed you can use the same Wicking Bed Controller for all the beds. Connect the Wicking Bed Controller to one of the beds and connect all the beds together using the drain pipes.
1. Completely automatic
2. No electricity is needed (no batteries, no solar panels, no solenoids, and no electronics)
3. Use for gravity feed or pressurised water supply
4. Responds appropriately to an unexpected heat wave
5. Simple and low tech, easy to assemble and fewer things to go wrong
6. A single controller can control multiple wicking beds
7. Leave your wicking beds unattended for months on end
The DIY Wicking Bed Controller can be purchased online from the Measured Irrigation website: https://www.measuredirrigation.com/product-page/diy-wicking-bed-controller-free-postage-within-australia
The DIY Wicking Bed Controller User Manual is attached.